Thursday, January 07, 2016

After The Accident


This morning saw a return to the physio appointments for 2016, and while I was feeling quite strong and that progress is happening (which it is), post-session I'm feeling a little deflated. Some things are still not on track, some niggles are still hindering my recovery, and while my physio is brilliant and totally the person I want on my side in this process, his thinking face sometimes makes me feel a little tender and disappointed (in me).
But no point hating on one's body right? Not so useful. Especially when it needs some cheering.
So it was quite fitting I randomly came across this post right after my sesssion. A little reminder for us all:

Even good drivers in the morning rain don't see the other car coming.
Paint nicks. Glass cracks.
One world ends before another.
You are not safe.
So remember what your mother has told you:
Effect is the noun. Affect is the verb.
When in doubt, leave out the comma.
Add salt. Use butter.
Never serve food you haven't tasted first.
Rinse stains in cold water.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow
but soon and for the rest of your life.
You'll see.
In springtime, flowers bloom.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...