Monday, December 15, 2014

Were you taken on a ride this year?

2014 - the year of the horse. Strap yourself in, take control of the horse, or be taken on a wild ride. Me? I was taken on a wild ride. Yep.

Job redundancies, career changes, heartbreak, amazing highs, loads of teacher training and international travel - it's been a wild ride, that's for sure! Most amazing though.  I have taken some time this weekend to look where I was just a year ago, and to see where I am now - man, I'm so proud of myself and happy.

What about your honey? Where were you this time last year and what's life look like now? What were your wins this year? What challenges did you overcome?

With all the travel I've been doing lately, it's been interesting to note just how little 'stuff' I really require. Nothing quite like being away from home for a few weeks, with just a backpack, to show you how much 'stuff' one really needs in life right?

Not to mention the vomiting bug I was struck with. Talk about purging in all areas of life! And it seemed really fitting - I am ready to say goodbye to this year, to pack up the lessons I've learned, pop them into my pocket, and leave behind the things no longer serving me. Really really ready.

So I've been on a little decluttering vibe (being inspired by loads of minimalist sites like this, and this). And yikes, how much stuff I can get get rid of! I am returning to full time study in the new year - so it's been a great cleanse to get rid of a lot of my career notes. You know, those lists and books and tools I might need for work.... gone! Eek! Scary, but exhilarating.

How has your last month been my friends? How are you feeling at this end of year? Are you taking time to be good to yourself? Time to just be? I'm noticing people in classes lately are oh so tired, so darling, are you taking time to slow down?

Oh, and I'm taking on new one-on-one clients for January 2015, to start the year afresh and empowered. If you're keen to create an awesome year, get in touch.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...