Thursday, October 09, 2014

Quiet Quest - Day 9: Morning Meditation



There are so many things one can do during quite mindfulness. Gardening, walking outdoors, gazing up at the stars, yoga, cooking, decluttering, writing and journalling, heck, just sitting.... but I keep coming back to something I've really been enjoying lately - meditation.


I woke up this morning before the alarm went off, sat upright, set an alarm and meditation came so easily. It didn't always used to be like this - and sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's 30 minutes of daydreaming, if I'm completely honest! But today, oh glorious day, there was stillness. 


I felt some heaviness from a rough day yesterday. I felt some tiredness and puffy eyes. But beneath that acceptance, there was presence and stillness and that is so yummy.

We live in a world that loves being busy - a world that I loved being busy in not so long ago. But I'm finding that now, in Week 2, I'm falling in love with space and time and stillness again, and that it's really doing an awesome job at 'filling my cup'.

Instead of feeling so depleted, switching off and unplugging is making me more connected, more present, more real.

As Elisabeth Kubler-Ross shares, 
"There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub."

How true!

Later on in the day I continued with the unplugging by having a nourishing and damn fun lunch with a gorgeous friend. We went to an amazing local and delish cafe, had dessert for lunch, nattered, laughed and hugged - and apart from the obligatory snap of the food (because it's presented in a most amazing way! - see??) there were no phones. There was connection and presence, and man, I want more :)

Sending you love, and quiet time :)
xo


Quiet Quest is all about finding 30 minutes of silence each day (no electronic devices, music, TV, radio etc) to raise awareness and funds for The Yoga Foundation. You can sponsor me here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...