Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Quiet Quest - Day 8: Space



Today was hard. I don't know if it's Mercury Retrograde, this full Super Moon, the transition into Spring, Daylight Savings or just this crazy old thing we call LIFE, but it was upside-down and all over the place, and knocked me sideways.


I have been home just a week and a day, after spending 3 weeks in beautiful Bali - where days were full of sangha, openness, yoga training and inspiring community. I've come home to Sydney-life, beautiful in its own way, but busy, stressful, rat-race-y and deadline driven if you don't set up good boundaries! Same same, but different. Get me?

And within just one week of returning home, I've had friends marriages (yes, multiple marriages) dissolve around me. And trust me, whether it's a good thing, whether it's needed or 'right' or a shock, there are tears. There are hurt feelings. There is sadness.


In this week I've had people around me lose jobs, gain jobs, leave jobs. And again - whether it's for the best or what they wanted or a shock to the system, transition is real, and exhausting, and hard work (for a little while at least).

And in this week, I got news of an old friend's shock passing.


And it's tiring, and exhausting, and tear-inducing.


So tonight, I lit some candles, popped my stones and crystals out, pulled some fresh flowers together (thanks Sydney gardens!) and sat down, and took it all in.  Just me, candle light, and silence.

I cried, I got angry, I got sad, I felt it all, then I found stillness.

At its essence, Quiet Quest is about finding all of this, and letting it be. It's not about losing ourselves and staying numb and being asleep to life - no matter how hard it is. And tonight, that lesson was clearer than ever. I'm not going to lie and say it was easy. Today wrapped up a wobbly week that on the whole, had moments of really sucking. But still, I am ok. I am grateful. I am loved. I am love. And right now, that is enough. 

Peace to you, my beloveds. May you find some stillness to take it all in as well xo


Quiet Quest is all about finding 30 minutes of silence each day (no electronic devices, music, TV, radio etc) to raise awareness and funds for The Yoga Foundation. You can sponsor me here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...