Monday, October 06, 2014

Quiet Quest - Day 6: Cooking, Baking, Resting


I am no chef. I am not really a great cook either - I cook because I need to feed myself, but that passion, that love, that 'throw everything in a bowl and create a magic feast' has never been a forte of mine.  But now that I'm a full time yogi and student again, it's home-cooking for me!


And to be honest, I don't mind it. The cleaning - meh, can give or take ;) But the process of getting your hands dirty, chopping, measuring, watching creation, it's quite meditative.


And that's what today was all about.

I baked some gluten free, vegan brownies (which unfortunately didn't turn out so amazing), and followed it up with a gluten free, spinach and kale pie (which kicked butt!).  

Normally when I cook, it's at the end of a busy day, I've got the TV on in the background for 'background noise' and I've got a load of washing in the washing machine, and the computer on in the background. Yep, plugged in!!!

But now that I've transitioned from full time publicist to yogi and student, I have TIME, which is amazing. And I am enjoying space.

I'm going to be totally honest again - time and space used to give me panic attacks. I felt unproductive, but beyond that, just didn't really like my own company very much. So if there's one thing that Quiet Quest is helping me uncover, it's that my own company is actually pretty special.

I'd like to hang out with 'me' quite a bit more :)


Quiet Quest is all about finding 30 minutes of silence each day (no electronic devices, music, TV, radio etc) to raise awareness and funds for The Yoga Foundation. You can sponsor me here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...