Friday, October 10, 2014

Quiet Quest - Day 10: Reading IRL

Today was a little full on. 

I was a bit tired getting up (we're a week into Daylight Savings now, I'm feeling that 1 less hour sleep! Hello 8:30pm bedtime!), but the alarm went off, I taught early morning yoga, had a quick meeting and then it was on the computer All. Day. Long. Until I had another meeting and taught another couple of classes! Yikes.

So how does unplugging look on a day when it's full of plugging in and being busy?

This:
Instagram.com/ShinyYoga

Not gonna lie - today was the most challenging day I faced on Quiet Quest, because TIME. Seriously, no wonder I burnt out (twice) living the life I was living. And no wonder people are tired in Sydney. Sydney is a go-go-go city.

But that's where self-discipline comes in I suppose. Ugh, you know what? I even googled another word for self-discipline, and none of them are that delicious; when really, self-discipline ain't all bad. Setting up time for unplugging, even when it's tough, has so many benefits. Habits can be great, but sometimes they're just moulds to keep us stuck. As Dennis Prager shares, "We are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness!"


So here's to another day of living in the moment, paper beneath my hands, and a heart abundant with ideas of simple living, precious moments and space. Have you managed to unplug today at all?

xo

Quiet Quest is all about finding 30 minutes of silence each day (no electronic devices, music, TV, radio etc) to raise awareness and funds for The Yoga Foundation. You can sponsor me here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...