Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mid-Week Manifesto

Source
Maybe it's the new moon. Maybe it's Autumn (Winter is coming). The Year of the Horse perhaps? Maybe it's all of that, or none of that, but there seems to be plenty of shifts in motion at the moment. And with change, comes a little bit of fear. 

And right now, I'm honestly sitting in quite a lot of fear! It is damn uncomfortable too!

There are shifts occurring in my life, with redundancies, finances and relationships, and hearing manifestos and quotes to simply 'be happy' quite honestly make me cranky. Being around people who don't understand depression makes me frustrated. Being around people throwing tantrums, who complain, and who are being pushy, makes me sad.

It makes me want to hibernate and get away from it all. So this manifesto, of BRAVENESS and light, makes me feel much more inspired. I'd love to be happy - but right now, brave is where it's at.

Today, my beloved, I make no apologies for being fear-full. This manifesto gently recognises that all of us may struggle, all of us may have crappy days - and most importantly, this is ok! Huh?! Yes my friends, it's ok.

I had a student recently share that she didn't like me to talk about crappy days, because she liked to "do yoga to get away from all that". To that, I lovingly share that these are the exact moments that yoga can help us through!

We can learn to face our fears front on, instead of running and hiding from them and "getting away from all that". Life is beautiful and precious, but we all know - god it's hard sometimes! As my wise teacher Pema Chodron shares: 

“We think that the point is to pass the test or overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don't really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It's just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.

The most fundamental aggression to ourselves, the most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves, is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently.”  

So today my friends, your hOMework is to be brave, to face your fear, your sadness, your hardships FRONT ON. To cry if you must, to scream if you need to, but then... to show up. Simply show up. Again and again and again. I will be there waiting for you :)

With love and light, 
stella xo 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...