Thursday, January 02, 2014

New Years Rituals

There's an abundance of end of year posts/ beginning of year posts and inspiration from some ultra-wise people out there, all offering amazing advice and ideas. To mark the end of a chapter and to welcome in a new year is a big deal, so for the wealth of info out there I am grateful :)

What does my new year normally look like? 
Over the last few years I've built a rhythm that sees me spend the evening with loved ones, and the morning in the ocean. I'm lucky enough to greet Xmas and the new year in the Summer months here in Australia, and each morning on the 1st January I find nothing beats being in the ocean, in a big body of water, to cleanse myself of the old and bring in the new. Submerging myself in a body of water also makes me feel so small, so teeny, and really gives me perspective that there's a much bigger force out there and that my problems are just the same... small and taken care of (now, if only I can remember that throughout the year!).

This year I found 2 new rituals for myself, to add to my arsenal of 'new chapter beginnings'. 
One was a list of questions to ask yourself at this time, and it's great to see what comes up when I sit down with a journal, a pen, and some time. Love this.

25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before the End of 2013
1. What am I most proud of this year?
2. How can I become a better _____________?
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
5. Am I passionate about my career?
6. What lessons have I learned?
7. What did I my finances look like?
8. How did I spend my free time?
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
10. How have I been open-minded?
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
12. What projects have I completed?
13. How have I procrastinated?
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
17. When have I felt the most alive?
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
19. How can I improve my relationships?
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
21. Who do I need to forgive?
22. Where is it time to let go?
23. What old habits would I like to release?
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
25. How can I be kind to myself?
The other thing I adore was passed to me from my beautiful sister - a post about a moving meditation. Meditation is a big thing on my list of themes this year, and what a gorgeous way to release last year and welcome this new chapter with open arms, than to do it yogically! Enjoy this post.

Now, your hOMework is to go and dive into these questions, and share your biggest insights!
Love to hear from you xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...