I had a horrid run of luck over the last few days of 2012 and beginning of 2013. I kid you not, it looked like this:
- Christmas day, my car window was smashed and car broken into
- A couple of days later my iphone went swimming
- New years day my car was keyed across 3 panels
- New years day night I realised I'd lost my portable modem
- And then within a few days, my car's air-conditioning broke - during a heat wave in Sydney
I won't lie - I cried, I stamped my feet, I had a shout AND THEN I got to a place of peace. After all, my word of 2013 is grace, and I took this run of bad luck as a real lesson from the universe to test out how bad I really wanted to honour my word. (And I wanted it bad)
How did I get there? Well, I guess because life continues to happen - it's always going to happen, but it's how we respond to it that makes us the person we are. In other words, am I run by fear or love?
Let's be honest, no matter how graceful/ yogic/ calm or loving we aim to be, life happens and sometimes life can really be poo. It's like the weather - sunny, cloudy, thunderstorms and then sunny all over again. It doesn't mean anything is wrong when we go through a bad patch, it just means we're prepping for greatness. (Surely!)
And how lucky am I to own a car, an iphone, have net access and friends to support me and who totally love me, even when I feel scared and helpless.
It's not a bad position to be in after all.
Blessings to you for a graceFULL 2013.