Sunday, January 08, 2012

Food Glorious Food

So with my adrenal fatigue stuff comes a whole host of relearning - ways to eat, ways to rest, ways to exercise. One thing my naturopath is helping me with at the moment is protein in every meal.. she actually said, "Right now, I don't care what you eat but if you came to me and said you'd had protein with each meal I'd be happy". Baby steps.

Lunches and dinners are fine - but it's the breakkies I'm asking for help with. A snapshot of my morning is as follows:
5 - 5:30am - alarm goes off, I snooze & snooze again
5:30 - 6:30am - I'm driving to my first class of the day and am teaching
8am - finish & am ravenously hungry

I have trouble eating early in the morning, so I've been having some protein shakes to get me through. They take 30 seconds to make, and I can have them in the car. Now that's what I'm talking about!

So, any suggestions my friends?

FYI I'm going for a gluten free diet, so I'll keep you updated on how it goes :)

1 comment:

Rachel @ SuburbanYogini said...

I have one of the following:-

Porridge (I'm wheat free rather than gluten free so oats are fine but you can make quinoa porridge)
Avocado or mushroom on rye bread
Couple of boiled eggs with rice cakes.

Light and easy but lots of protein xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...