Thursday, September 15, 2011

Interview with a Yogi :: Angel Singman

My dear friend Angel (from the Modern Yoga Collective) is the creator of the most fun Future Sound of Yoga (with her partner Matt). Not only that, she is one amazing yogini who lives and breathes the spirit and fun that is YOGA.


Angel teaches vinyasa flow in Sydney, and has taken her FSOY extensively around Australia as well as being featured on the lineup of a number of international festivals. These include the Hawaii Spirit Festival, the Bali Spirit Festival, and the Hong Kong Asia Yoga Conference. Here's some wise words from the funky gal:


What tips would you give a new meditation or new yogi? To find a teacher that you resonate with, try out different schools and styles until you reach the one that you love.


What is your fave book? site? studio? style of yoga? pose? sequence?  My Fav pose is Ardha Chandrasana (half moon pose). I love the feeling of finding balance and grace in this posture whilst radiating out in every direction!  


How can people bring yoga into their everyday?  By being AWARE - aware of yourself, others around you, the relationships that you have, what you do, what you say, how you treat the planet. That is yoga!


What is one thing that today you are grateful for?  Just one thing?? But there are so many..!!! Erm, I am grateful for my supportive friends and family, the love from my husband, the cuddles with my cat and the love heart socks I am wearing to keep my feet toasty!


How do you slow down and smell the roses?  I like to have a nice massage, acupuncture or reflexology, something that enables me to slow down, to process my week and to switch off. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...