Sunday, June 05, 2011

Day 1 :: Joyfulness

Begin today. Declare outloud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle & eager to learn through joy.



Sarah Ban Breathnach


Do you smile often when you are alone?



Yes, I love to smile and I have no problem smiling on my own. 

But how to cultivate this so I do it more often?  
Because really, often my head & my thoughts are wrapped up in depression :(

It is to do things like this: To take a moment to find gratitude. To find friends where they are. To give yourself time to do things that fill you up. To turn off the tv and to ponder questions like this very one. To do some tidying around the house so you feel comfortable. To connect with people. To play with your nieces. To look at tutus on the internet (will I ever get too old to stop loving them?). And glitter.  To eat home-cooked meals. Meals made with love. To dream and to set goals. To visualise. To meditate. To have an early night in bed. To eat dark chocolate.  To eat milk chocolate.  To sit on the couch with a cuppa and a good book.  To set out your clothes the night before so you can catch 5 extra minutes of snuggling in bed.  To commit to joy. 

Image & prompt via Kind Over Matter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...