Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Dare to be BOLD!

It was never in my 'plan' to be a yoga teacher.  As many of you know, give me a book and a nook to cuddle up in, and I'm set.  Nope, getting out there and being active, bendy and stretchy, in front of people no less, was not at all on the cards. But life has a funny way of leading you where you're meant to be.

I'm still writing (to be an author or journalist, that was the aim & where the uni tuition costs & time went) and I'm still PR'ing, but just on a slightly different tangent. So the aim and the passion have come together in a beautiful synergy.

It did get me thinking though, about what paths we take, and what pearls of grace do we accept in our lives.  Today's prompt for the Ralph Waldo Emerson project is a good one. Life is full of sign posts, full of guiding hands to move you in the right direction, but so often we're absolutely focussed on where we expect to be, that we don't see the light (unless it's in the form/colour/shape we are looking for). Forever and a day I was interested in Naturopathy and Yoga and a holistic lifestyle, but never thought of it as an option. The course was too expensive.. I didn't really know anyone who'd done it.. I needed a 'proper' job.. you know, the general reasons and excuses. I had them all.

But now, seeing how my passion has become a career in the most unexpected of ways, I'm starting to believe that what is expected, what is 'realistic', is not always what is meant to be.

"A child has no trouble believing the unbelievable, nor does the genius or the madman. Its only you and I, with our big brains and our tiny hearts, who doubt and overthink and hesitate.” ~ Steven Pressfield


Do you ever get that feeling?  Well, explore it today!  Matt tells us, Today, let's take a step away from rational thought and dare to be bold. What's one thing you've always wanted to accomplish but have been afraid to pursue? Write it down. Also write down the obstacles in your way of reaching your goal. Finally, write down a tangible plan to overcome each obstacle.  The only thing left is to, you know, actually go and make it happen. What are you waiting for?


Naturopathy is my thing - my one thing I've always wanted to do. That, and a current dream, to open my own studio.. one day. What is holding me back? Mostly, just belief in myself, that and money. Ohhh financial insecurity is a big one. But just saying it out aloud is the first step, and I am a huge believer in baby steps, baby bites. So here we go: Universe, I want to study naturopathy, and one day to open my own yoga space surrounded by lush green gardens, nearby some water. It'll be filled with laughter and love and light, and I'll be happy.

What are your dreams and how can you be bold in your life?
I'm off to vision board ;)
xo

Hearts via Pinterest




1 comment:

lilasvb said...

love the pink touch in the picture

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...