Thursday, May 05, 2011

Change = being an Explorer of Life

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.  ~Anatole France

This Friday marks the last day of my current teaching timetable. I'm very excited to have gotten a new job as the Studio Manager and teacher at Body Mind Life in Rozelle, my fave fave studio! It's a full time gig as well, which as a yoga teacher, is like gold :)

While I'm over the moon (x2) about the gig, it's not without sadness that I say goodbye to many of the classes I've had for years (in some cases, almost 5 years!). 

Week after week, season after season, rain, hail or shine, I've gone to the same studios, seen the same (and some new, and some changing) faces and have learnt the stories of the yogis who step onto the mat each week. They're like family.  They're like old friends. And now it's time to say goodbye to some of them.

I know change is good. Heck, it's the one constant in this ever-changing world we live in, but it's bittersweet. With this change, bittersweet is the returning word.  For these are the students who've figured out yoga with me, who've played and cried and uncovered their deepest, juiciest parts with me.

I will miss you. 

Thank you. xo

And to the new students, faces and friends I'm about to meet, I can't wait to say hello as I alter my course :)
Image via the sweet Keri Smith

3 comments:

babs said...

Congratulations!! That is very exciting! Full time at one place? Wow. However, I know how hard it is to say goodbye to other classes and students. Hope most of them follow you there!

Rachhel said...

I feel special because I knew this before the interwebz!!! You are going to be awesome

bel said...

Hooray sista. You will rock BML! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...