Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Your Practice

The gorgeous Karen Maezen Miller's CHEERIO ROAD is a site you must check out! Have you been there? Always inspiring - and this post, right where I'm at. Yogis, how is your practice off the mat? x

If my practice doesn’t make me more tolerant, humble,
 and generous,
 my practice isn’t working. 
If my practice doesn’t make me more respectful, loving, and
 sympathetic,
 my practice isn’t working.
 If I can’t forgive and forget
 begin again
 stop, drop
 turn around
 wake up
 say hello say goodbye
 be kind be quiet be still 
listen laugh
 cry it out
 give it time 
sit down stand up
 get over myself
 smile
 admit I don’t know
 then my practice isn’t working. 
If I’m not less cynical, less critical, less arrogant, less mean 
then my practice isn’t working.
 If my practice doesn’t fill me with wonder, gratitude,
 fearlessness, faith and trembling doubt
 my practice doesn’t work.

Does my practice work?
 Only when I practice.
 Let’s do it. Soon.

1 comment:

bel said...

After reading this post (where you refer to Cheerio Road) and seeing that you also follow Christine Kane I really do think that we are kindred spirits my friend. x bel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...