Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Poses that Scare You

"The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear," Nelson Mandela
Tell me, dear Yogis, what are the poses that scare you? Perhaps it's a handstand - that you're worried about falling out of. Perhaps it's crow pose, or that tricky dolphin! It could always be the deep hip opening pigeon pose. Or it could be a jump through, from down dog to standing.
It could even be the process of meditation... being still, centred.
I am planning some fun things for classes upcoming - are there any poses you'd like completely broken down, demystified, conquered? Tell me - share it out loud - put your voice out there!
I appreciate your help & honesty.
Namaste xo

7 comments:

Melita said...

i have taught yoga for about 9 months or so now and i still have trouble with crow. i guess it doesn't come as easy to me as it does others. i keep working on it though ;) hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Handstand pose can be really great for core strength. And it’s not as challenging as it looks. For pointers, Leeann Carey has a great free yoga video that I thought your readers might like: http://planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/index.php/free-yoga-video-adho-mukha-vrksasana-downward-facing-tree-pose-handstand/

skinny latte said...

Poses that scare me:

Headstand.
Crow.
Dolphin.
Camel (to some extent!)

Even chautauranga still gets me sometimes!!

babs said...

I tried a headstand in the park yesterday. The very first time that I haven't used a wall. I was scared. I didn't go all the way up, just hung there with my knees bent.

lilasvb said...

the bridge... hand stand.
thanks for sharing, first stop on your blog, nice!

shinyyoga said...

guys thanks SO MUCH for letting me know your scary poses! I'm planning some fun classes upcoming and your wise words have helped!

Me I'm working on the freestanding hand stand and am inching closer to it day by day.. lots of stacks, lots of wobbles, but getting closer : )

blessings to you all xo

shinyyoga said...

guys thanks SO MUCH for letting me know your scary poses! I'm planning some fun classes upcoming and your wise words have helped!

Me I'm working on the freestanding hand stand and am inching closer to it day by day.. lots of stacks, lots of wobbles, but getting closer : )

blessings to you all xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...