Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thank YOU

Today I ran the Winter Yoga & Tea Workshop in Darlinghurst with my good friend and fellow yoga teaching graduate from '05, Ariana. There were 50 smiling faces that walked into the room who weren't really sure what today was about (yoga and... tea?!) but had opened their hearts and were ready to give themselves to what would arise.
And oh, what arose!!! There was a point during the Yin Yoga practice when I was walking around the room and I just stood still - because the energy in the room was thick, present and loving. People were "here", more so than when they first walked in. They had arrived, their energy was right here right now, and I had a teeny little something to do with that. It was palpable.
We closed the workshop - as all my workshops close - with the Sea of Om, where 50 people in a circle chant OM together for 6 minutes, over and over and over again. Even if you're not really sure what all this hippy yoga stuff is about (and yes, there were a few ppl in the workshop like that!) there was no escaping the buzz, the energy that this chanting created. People cried, people soaked it up, people laughed, people buzzed.. I had so many of you come up after the workshop and thank me for this newness of emotions (physical and mental) you were experiencing.
Woah. What a beautiful workshop : )
Take a look at just some of the beautiful students from today's workshop above!
When I resigned from my job recently, I had no doubt it was the right thing to do. Still... still.. there are the parts inside of you when you make a huge decision like this, that whisper, "are you sure?"
After today, Yes.. I am sure : )
Thank You.

6 comments:

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini said...

I am just about to do something very similar (the whole resigning work to dedicate more time to yoga/teaching) and I'm scared sh**less! So reading this post has really helped. Thank you so much :)

Y is for Yogini said...

Stella, this sounds like it was an amazing and profoundly deep experience. I wish I could have taken part in it. I'm sure those who did feel so blessed.

the meditator said...

I too left the corporate world not long ago .. to share my passion for meditation to anyone who wanted to learn more. It feels so right .. but not easy. Like meditation not easy but it feels so right. Keep in touch with that deeper knowing and things work out as they should. All the best. Great to hear such a fantastic turnup for your workshop.

babs said...

Oh, this sounds so lovely!

karen said...

stella, thank YOU for the awesome workshop. i really enjoyed it. :)

Googlover/keishua said...

I really enjoy yin yoga. While, I have never taught it, I love the energy it creates when doing it with others are alone. Best of luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...