Sunday, May 30, 2010

I publicly commit..

I'm well into my Level 2 Yoga Therapy training, and today in class we all made a public Tapasya* which was filmed (yes! We get to watch it over the next 6 months to remind us of our promise!). My tapasya? I have committed to overhauling my diet over the next 6 months... to return to regular meals, whole foods, less takeaway and all in all, return to a diet that supports wellbeing. I will wrap up the 6 months with a month cleanse (wheat, sugar, dairy etc free).
So it's all about whole foods baby! But one of the most important notes - baby steps! It's persistant, gentle repetition, step at a time. First step, to bring my lunch to work more often.
I had a number of secondary tapasyas - eg a daily meditation pratice, more pranayama work. But the strongest pull I had was to become a morning person. To get up even a half hour earlier (at a regular time) in the mornings will allow me to not only prepare good food for the day ahead, but to also practice that pranayama and meditation. So there's a few thoughts going around today!
Friends, would you like to share your tapasya?
The training I'm diving into right now is to become a Yoga Coach - a coach to help people return to wellness, using a whole system. It's not just about a private yoga class, but looking at how we can return inwards to find health, happiness and wellbeing. There is so much going around in my head that I'm sure it will take me a little while yet to be able to describe it, but just know that it's all good friends, it's all good!
Hope you are well xxx
*Tapasya is the principle and practice of physical and spiritual austerity and discipline to achieve a particular aim. A Sanskrit word, Tapasya is literally an personal endeavor of discipline, undertaken to achieve a goal. It is usually applied in religious and spiritual terms, but can be applied to any field or context.

7 comments:

La Gitane said...

This is a great post! It takes Satya and Tapas to commit publicly to our goals.

Thanks for sharing!

Mine has been to start a meditation practice, and I'm sad to say I have completely let it fall by the wayside. Getting back on it now, inspired by you!

Yay for healthy food and healthy life... your training as a yoga Coach sounds amazing! Please share more about it!

the meditator said...

After reading more about Ayurvedic science, and relating completely to Kapha inbalance I committed to rising early just before sunrise. This is when my dosha type reaps the energy of the sun, providing energy and vitality for the day ahead. AND it is has proven to be so true! Not easy to do regularly but astoundingly beautiful and beneficial.

Melita said...

what an amazing journey you are on! i look forward to seeing how this changes your life. hugs!!

anna said...

cool - what yoga therapy training are you doing? I am also working on my diet, and have added more fresh fruits and whole foods in. It seems that taking things out gets me into deprivation mindset, whereas adding whole foods in at every turn leaves me feeling nourished. I would also like to meditate every day, but I have not been rigid with myself on that one - because without the rigidity I'm much more likely to meditate when I need to. Namaste!

babs said...

Your training sounds amazing!

Emma said...

always working on a solid meditation practice. i watch more of the office than i meditate, though. until theres a switch there, itll be on the list.

nadinefawell.net said...

Boo, I thought I had commented. Disorganised? Oh yes. You sound so sparkly and inspired at the moment, my dear!
Do tell more...
Updates, updates, we want updates.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...