Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sadness... & Joy for a Life Lived to the Full!

Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois July 26, 1915 - May 18, 2009
Oh no! I just read over at The Reluctant Ashtangi that Pattabhi Jois has passed away. When words don't come.. I will post what she wrote on her blog:
As I was finishing up my closing poses, I received word that Astanga yoga guru Sri K. Pattabhi Jois passed away this morning. I spent a few moments in reflection and gratitude for his lifetime of work, bringing Astanga yoga to the west and dedicating his life to this practice. Although indirectly, he was a teacher to me and a source of inspiration to thousands of others around the world. My thoughts are with his family this morning. OM, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

1 comment:

nadinefawell.net said...

Stella, I love your blog, and in appreciation of that, a Lemonade Award. To celebrate the community Guruji helped to foster!

xoxo
N

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...