Monday, February 11, 2008

Are you ready?

Environment Minister Peter Garrett has confirmed that he will move to phase out plastic check-out bags "by the end of the year" – if necessary with a legislative ban. WOOHOO!!!! How fabulously exciting! (Read all about it here)

Are you ready for this phase-out? I admit that while I have a healthy collection of environmentally friendly canvas bags that I take shopping with me (and have done so for years), I still accept more plastic bags than I really should, and will definitely need to take note on other options for bin liners (I am not alone here!).
I have often wondered why we don't charge for plastic bags, and it looks like I won't be wondering for too much longer. Well done Peter Garrett, Jon Dee and indeed all of Australia for pushing this through. It's good to love the planet ;)

Inspired? Then be sure to check out the following links:
and join the Facebook group too!
PS - to my dear Monday nighters, I am not going to be teaching tonight as I'm working late with my day job. See you next week xo

4 comments:

Nadine Fawell said...

Stella, you are one of my ten favourite blogs! Pop past and bask in the glory!

Nadine

Pink Heels said...

For those who fear the plastic bag ban, it really isn't a difficult transition to make. I actually bought reuseable bags several years ago after becoming annoyed with the number of plastic bags that were accumulating under my kitchen sink. Life is so much better in a reuseable state of mind. : )

Ovidia said...

i support this too... my only squiffle is with sludgy pet poo...

Pink Heels said...

You can purchase a metal pooper scooper at your local pet store! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...