Monday, September 17, 2007

Can one person really make a difference?

Tonight is one of those nights: I really don't want to teach. I had a cooking mishap with a sharp sharp knife last night which saw me end up in the emergency department at midnight, & today I've got a big bandanged thumb + a sore arm from the tetanus shot. :(

Which got me thinking - as a yoga teacher, I am no different from anyone else in my class. Sometimes the last place in the world I want to be is on the mat. Sometimes I feel sick, tired, cranky, or just not in the mood. There is no doubt that once I'm on the mat I feel so so so much better, which is why I keep coming back :)

But right as I am about to prepare my class for tonight, I admit I have shed a few tears. Along with the arm, the late night emergency dept dash and a runny nose, I've just had one of those days.

Which is why I'm loving the inspiration I need the most right now when I logged onto one of the regular blogs I read - No Impact Man.
He recently shared a story about how he accidentally killed a pigeon because he was in such a rush, and then shared a beautiful quote which really got me.

Recently, I wrote that “having no peace in myself means that
there is no peace in the world around me.”
I’ve also heard it said that:
A peaceful mind makes a peaceful man.
A peaceful man makes a peaceful family.
A peaceful family makes a peaceful village.
A peaceful village makes a peaceful country.
And a peaceful country makes a peaceful world.

So I'm taking a moment now to find my peace. I'm looking forward to sharing a beautiful practice with a group of beautiful friends, in the hope that by taking a few deep breaths, some peace can descend on all of us.

After all, that's why I keep coming back :)
Peace,
stella x

4 comments:

Total Health Yoga - Kris said...

Stella, Very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. You have just spread some peace my way and I hope this peace finds you, your class, and your thumb ;-)

Literary Bohemian said...

This was so lovely.

Peace to you too Ducky.

L.B.

rand(om) bites said...

What a gorgeous post hon. I hope you are feeling better now!

Nadine Fawell said...

Oooh, nice!
It has inspired me to do a post on a mantra I just learned at KYM, when I am feeling less lazy!

Hope your hand is gettin'better.

xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...