Sunday, August 05, 2007

Looking after the Enviromnment

A simple way to live is by adhering to Ahimsa (non-harming), and along these thoughts, I've been thinking for a while I need to share with you my travel stories. As I live in the city, across the road from bus stops and a wee walk to the train station, there's not much need for me to own a car. Added to this, parking in the city, and ugh, driving in the city can be a nightmare. However, for the occasions I do require a car (driving to teach yoga etc) I car share. Most people I tell are really surprised at this, and that such a thing exists in Sydney. Indeed friends, it does. I am a proud member of GoGet Car Share, a carshare company (the first of its kind in Australia) where you can join, pay a minimal membership fee and then book cars close to your home! There are 'pods' (where the cars are parked) in many cities around Sydney and it's also moved to Melbourne. It started in Newtown so lucky me, there are heaps of pods right near my home. So if you are thinking of getting rid of the spare car but *might* need to drive now and then, even a few times a week but don't want the hassle/responsibility of taking care of a car, check out the website. Not only will it save you money, but you'll be saving the planet. Always a nice bonus ;) Take care, stella 3~

2 comments:

Jul said...

We are lucky enough to live in a city (Zurich) with excellent public transport, so we have been able to get away with not owning a car at all. On the few occasions when we have wanted a car, we use the local car-sharing, too. I love it!

isha said...

i tried taking a bus from my workplace in town to my yoga studio located in the suburbs, and it took me 2 hours. over here in malaysia, we still have a problem with public transportation, not to mention any form of car sharing. but i still hope for the day when the country can play a bigger role in saving the planet :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...