Monday, June 11, 2007

Yoga, how i've missed you!

Well the past fortnight I've had to lay low as I've a problem in that I've overstretched my intercostal muscle, under my left 3-4 ribs on the right hand side of my ribcage. And gee, did it hurt! After 2 physio sessions in a week, and a week of rest, I'm feeling much better to be stepping on the mat this wednesday. I also start a yoga course at Synergy on Thursday night so I wasn't even tempted to disobey my physio's orders to rest up! Let me tell you though, it's been hard. I'm addicted to my mat and practice! But like I keep reminding myself - this too will pass. There is a time for rest, a time for play, and a time for reading books in bed!!! I hope you are enjoying wherever you are at the moment. x

2 comments:

yogaglamgirl said...

So sorry to hear about the intercostals. Ouch. All the best to you on the gentle road to recovery.

Total Health Yoga - Kris said...

The first time I did a restorative practice at home, I wept. To take the time to literally rest--really rest. Not 5-10 minutes of savasana or sleeping at night, but in the middle of the day to allow my muscles to release into the depth of my breath in various supported asanas for over an hour. After that, a teacher of mine suggested reading The Sabbath.

We all know the importance of exercise, but do we know the importance of rest?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...