Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Thank You!

On this past Saturday night, over 2 million Sydney-siders participated in Earth Hour by flicking the switch, turning appliances off stand-by and enjoying an hour of quiet darkness. And many of you shared the special evening with me at a most beautiful and inspiring Yoga by Candlelight workshop in Chippendale. What an amazing night it was : ) And thanks to all of you, we helped to create and impressive 10.2% drop in energy usage across the usually glittering CBD, according to Energy Australia. This is double the anticipated energy saving and represents a reduction of 24.86 tonnes of carbon dioxide - the equivalent of taking 48,613 cars off the road for an hour! This isn't the last Yoga by Candlelight workshop I'll be holding - thanks to the fantastic feedback and response of those who shared Saturday night with me - so stay tuned for more yoga news, and more environment news. You are all just gold x

3 comments:

Cupcakes & Yoga said...

I like the idea of Yoga by Candlelight to help save energy. I may suggest it to the owner at my studio. :)

shinyyoga said...

Definitely suggest it! I got such beautiful feedback from everyone there that I'm doing it again, without a doubt. For a different occasion - not necessarily just environmental - but for any special occasion.

The environmental factor is a bonus - you will have a ball : )

I just wish I took photos!!
x

Nadine Fawell said...

So cool!
I wish I had thought of it, but alas...
Sometime soon though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...