Monday, April 23, 2007

End on a high note :)

Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu May all beings everywhere be happy and free. And may the thoughts, words & actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness and freedom for all.
* * * * * *
When I was studying my yoga teacher training, we would always end the class by bowing our heads with our hands in prayer, while the teacher would recite the above Indian Mantra. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it, and I have said it at the end of each + every class of my own that I have taught. It is one tradition that I can see staying with me for many years.
I would love to hear what mantras and chants you practice in your classes. Please do share them on here!
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this one, and that it inspires your practice and the purpose of your practice.
Namaste, x

5 comments:

ombites (mary) said...

This is one of my favourites! I've been singing it in the shower lately too LOL. It's because I bought the Yoga Chill compilation. Addictive :-)

Nadine Fawell said...

How lovely, I bet your classes are divine!
I don't use chants that much in my teaching, because so many of my students are religious (Jewish, Christian and Muslim)and Hindu iconography doesn't quite gel for them. But I do love the bija mantras for the chakras, and saha navavatu, the teacher-student chant! There is another hear chant too, will blog about it at some stage.

isha said...

i was first introduced to this very mantra by our teacher from mexico. at the end of every class, we would chant this mantra, followed by a long ohm, and shanti, shanti, shanti. a very beautiful mantra indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stella,

I have attended several of your classes and i love this quote. I really enjoy your class and the way you intergrate quotes like this- it makes it feel like a complete experience!

Annabel

Linda (Sama) said...

I always end my classes with a Buddhist wish for the Four Immeasureables for all sentient beings:

may all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness; may all beings be from suffering and the causes of suffering; may all beings never be parted from freedom's true joy; may all beings dwell in equanimity, free from attachment and aversion. OM MANI PEDME HUM"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...