Saturday, December 30, 2006

A new year = a new lot of classes to go to!

No matter how often you practice, or even if you teach, one never stops being a student. Some of my greatest lessons have been from those in my classes – and I thank each and every one of you for that! So to continue this learning process, I’ve made a list of some schools around Sydney and the South Coast that I’d like to visit and try out in 2007. To walk into a new studio with a new teacher, not know where they keep their props or where the changeroom is or even which way they set the mats up, this can really set the mood for a class. It’s scary – but it’s also empowering to reach out, try something new, and fly. So here’s a working list of studios I am keen to try out – not all in my regular style (hatha vinyasa) but they say a change is as good as a holiday, so stay tuned for some updates! * Body Mind Life in Surry Hills (bikram) * Reiby Hall Yoga in Newtown (iyengar) * The Yoga Room in Newtown (iyengar) * City Apothecary in the City * Life & Balance in Glebe & the City * Fitness First - I teach here but would love to try out some other teachers' classes * Yoga to Go, Petersham * Yoga Sanga, Surry Hills (got free pass) * Austinmer Yoga Room (with Johnny Batchelor) in Wollongong * Younga Yoga in wollongong * Dharma Shala, Bondi Here’s a big thanks to everyone who has come along to a class or workshop of mine this year, to everyone who has enjoyed the practice of yoga and to all of those who I will be meeting up with in 2007. Happy new year to you, take care, and be happy. With each new breath comes a new chance, and what better chance than a fresh new year? Namaste, Stella x

3 comments:

Health Bites said...

Thanks for the list. It sounds like a great idea to check out other schools of yoga :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stella,
It's Deb from Younga Yoga Studio in Wollongong.
Come down anytime for a class. We teach a dynamic vinyasa style class in an intimate studio (max 15), with polished floors. Phone to book in advance to make sure there is room.

Also noticed you had listed LifeBalance studio. I went to an Ashtanga class there (Glebe) last Sunday and it was fantastic.

Happy Yoga Touring in 2007. Hope to see you in the Gong.
Namaste,
Deb Young | Younga Yoga Studio | 4227 1997

Christine said...

I have recently completed round 1 of 10 week beginners course at Youngayoga in Wollongong. I am now part way through my second Beginners course [Round 2] because of my age and fitness levels I may need to do it a few more times. I also do the prenatal class on Saturday mornings. The classes are small, friendly and motivating. The instructors are very calm and professional. I am total yoga novice, so doing this is challenging but in a good way. There are more advanced classes including hot yoga for those who want even more challenges. I can highly recommend this studio in Wollongong.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...