Thursday, November 30, 2006

Birthday Musings...

With each birthday comes a time for reflection and if you’re anything like me, a time for planning ahead. Where am I? Where do I want to be? Where do I need to be? Spritually, mentally and physically, it’s a good time to take stock. Another year older, another year wiser -as they say.
"Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live! I have the opportunity once more to right some wrongs." - William Arthur Ward
So what better time to look at my personal yoga practice with bright, fresh eyes! And do exactly that, I did.. when I immersed myself in a weekend of yoga recently with world renowned and sunshine filled Anusara founder, John Friend. To be honest, this has been a tough year for me. Some job changes, growing older and still wondering where I’m meant to be. You know: the usual drill. But the one constant throughout this time, confirmed when I spent most of last weekend surrounded by other yogis at the weekend workshop, has been found on my sticky mat. The one constant that gave me a fresh perspective, some energy, and sometimes the courage to face up to the tough times, was my practice. There are so many scientific reasons as to why a yoga practice is a healthy and beneficial practice to undertake. But for me, simply having time to breathe, and time to be, has made all the difference. Hopefully this year has been special overall for you too - and you've found your own way of dealing with the ups and downs. Namaste, 3~ **Photography: Eleanor Talbot

1 comment:

Health Bites said...

Sounds like an awesome and revealing experience girl, glad you enjoyed it so much because you were looking forward to it! Lots of goodness and knowing that you're not alone and life is so much more than ourselves :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...