Thursday, January 12, 2006

swing dancing for those feel good vibes!

Yep – like 2 peas in a pod, like ebony and ivory living in perfect harmony, and like Kath & Kim, swing dancing and yoga go hand in hand! Yoga isn’t a stand-alone practice, and is perfect for anyone who enjoys any other sport or activity, as it:
  • improves mental focus
  • builds bone density, joint strength and stability
  • alleviates chronic and acute joint pain
  • improves general cardio-vascular fitness and stamina
  • addresses the body’s symmetry
  • and increases flexibility
I started up some swing dancing lessons this week and left the class with a huge smile on my face - I mean huge!! I was swinging, hopping and stepping out like there was no tomorrow and at times during the lesson I was literally laughing out loud! A room full of strangers, everyone there to dance and have fun... i was really really happy and I’m pretty stoked that the good mood it evoked has stayed with me today! Why not branch out and try something new yourself in 2006?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...