Friday, January 13, 2006

Being a 'student' again

I love teaching yoga - sharing the classes, working with students, bringing some peace and happiness to people and enjoying it with them. But I also love being a yoga student - it's a very different experience to teaching the class and keeping an eye on everyone. I went to a yoga class last night in Newtown and I left on a cloud of happiness! I'd walked in with a headache from the humid Sydney day: wasn't feeling too great at all. But after an hour and a half I was a completely different person! Many thanks to Nikki for a most amazing class and for literally transforming me! I was sweating, stretching, breathing and moving like I hadn't in a good while! I'm also looking for some new books to read - just some lighthearted and enjoyable books. I am going to have to make a visit to the library very soon and get the mind working, as well as the body. Some friends have suggested a fab book called Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen. Not a yoga book in the strictest sense of the word, but setting challenges and rising to the occasion is very spiritual!! If any of you have read it I'd love to hear your thoughts! Have a beautiful weekend all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...